Sep 11, 2015

Memories: New York



Not so long ago I wrote here about London and about my halfhearted attitude towards it. And it made me think of another city and a very different relationship. I first visited New York City almost 8 years ago, and in less than a week I was enticed, mesmerized and charmed by New York, the buzzing, noisy, dirty, exciting, crowded, vibrant, unscrupulous, iconic city full of busy and straight talking locals and slightly confused tourists. I don't necessarily believe in a love at first sight between people, but when visiting a new place or a country I sometimes feel this instant and inexplicable appeal - and New York definitely falls under this category. I am forever a great New York devotee, and I cannot tell you how much I envy those, who are lucky enough to live in such a breathtaking city. It will always be in my heart as one of the greatest places I have ever visited. 








No comments:

Post a Comment