Oct 23, 2015

Flying



I was pondering for some time about whether I should write about my work or not. But, after all, it is such a big part of my life, and therefore such a big part of me... 
The first time I flew on an airplane I was in my early twenties. I don't remember being either nervous, or particularly excited. In fact I remember very little about that first flight. But I am positive, that it never occurred to me at that time, that only few months later flying would become my occupation. I became a flight attendant.
It is an odd way of life, and you have to be an odd kind of person to adapt to it. For the past ten years I've rarely spent more than a week at a time on the same continent, let alone the in the same country. It involves long hours, dealing with lack of sleep, separation from loved ones. Regularity becomes an unknown concept. But I can barely think of any other job that would suit me better. And that to me is an accomplishment. It is so much easier to go to work if you are doing something you truly enjoy.
If you are flying somewhere in the near future, I wish you a safe flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment