Oct 9, 2015

Summer no more




I was in denial for a long time, but now I have to admit it: summer is truly over. It was a good summer. It was everything I wanted  and more. I already miss the warm weather, the summer outfits, the long days and all the the things you can only do in summer. But who could stay sad for too long when there are so many good things to look forward to in autumn?
Autumn leaves. Do I really need to say more?
Ginger tea. Neglected in spring and summer but in those cold days a cup of tea made from fresh ginger makes you feel warm inside. 
Fire place, candles, blankets and thick socks. As the days are getting shorter and colder, I will be spending evenings on the sofa (whenever my job permits) watching TV covered with a thick blanket.
Winter wardrobe. I actually probably prefer my winter clothes to my summer ones. I notice that with the start of autumn most women start wearing mostly trousers, but to me it would be a shame, to give up wearing skirts for the whole winter.
Scented candles. I've got a good supply or spicy, chocolatey, sweet smelling candles perfect for winter.
Are you prepared for autumn?




No comments:

Post a Comment